Sunday, November 13, 2005

Info on Living in Italy

(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 24 November 2006)

Here are some links on Living in Italy:

OBSERVATIONS/COMMENTS FROM INDIVIDUALS ALREADY LIVING IN ITALY
BOOKS ABOUT LIVING IN ITALY
MISCELLANEOUS
The above links are current. If anyone has any suggestions for other sites, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.

This list was a long one.

More than a few years ago, I got on a plane and went to live and work in Germany. Other than taking a very little time to prepare myself for this move, I knew very little about the country when I arrived there. I am much wiser now. In my preparation on moving to Italy with my wife, I am doing research on the web, talking to and meeting with Expats and traveling at least once a year to Italy.

Living in Italy will be the easy part. Surviving will be another story. However, my wife and I have the time to plan for our move and we are excite about it. This will be her first experience of living abroad. I have had the opportunity to live and work in Germany and Kuwait aka Q8. I will have a few more "Info on ..." to post and then I will begin to write more about the actual preparations.

For instance, on Friday, 11 November 2005, my wife submitted the paperwork to become an Italian citizen (jure sanguinis) at the Italian Embassy here in Washington, DC. This is a story not only of just a move to Italy but more. Keep tuned and it will be told over the next few months.

That's it for Sunday, 13 November 2005: Domenica, 13 Novembre 2005

Starting today, I will end each posting with a proverb or quote in Italian with an English translation:

"La vita e' meravigliosa. Senza saresti morto."
"Life is wonderful. Without it, you would be dead. (Leopold Fechtner)"

Ciao, Ben

(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 24 November 2006)

No comments: