FROM THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)
- Recalls and Product Safety News – Source: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) – All the listing are in English, with some of them in Spanish:
- "Recent Recalls:"
- Click on current month OR
- Click on prior month
- "Find Recalls by:"
- Product Safety – Source: Consumer.gov – "Your resource for consume information from the federal government."
- Poison Safety
- Product Recalls
- In the Spotlight
- www.Recalls.gov – "Your Online Resource for Recalls"
- Product Recalls Australia – " The site enhances consumer safety by providing current product recall information based on notifications provided to the Minister for Competition Policy and Consumer Affairs."
- Food Alerts – Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) – In Chinese, English, French, Gaelic (Irish), German, Italian, Polish, Spanish
- Publications – Irish Medicines Board
- Product recalls & drug alerts (UK market) – Source: PJ Online – "is the web site of The Pharmaceutical Journal (official journal of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain) and its family of publications"
- Product safety recalls – Source: Trading Standards Central – "a one stop shop for consumer protection information in the UK."
- UKRecallNotice – "Product Safety Recalls for the United Kingdom"
The above links are current. If anyone has any suggestions for other sites, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry. For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or request for further information by email, please include your email address in a separate comment. I will NOT publish any comments with an email address in it.
In the USA, you have the TV, radio, newspapers, neighbors, friends and family members that will keep you informed about the various recalls and product safety issues that happen several times a year. While living in Italy, you may miss some of these announcements on recalls and product safety because things have changed, e.g., language of the news and in publications, the relevance of an USA recall and product safety may not be important to your new Italian neighbors, etc.
However, when you came to Italy from whatever country of origin, you may of brought several items from home. Some of these items may of been last minute gifts to your children, yourself and/or your spouse or significant other. Besides the USA, I have provided information on consumer products from Australia, Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom.
I solicit feedback from the readers of this blog entry for further information and detail and thank you in advance for your assistance and support in this matter.
That's it for Friday, 30 May 2008: venerdì, 30 maggio 2008.
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"A buon consiglio non si trova prezzo."
" Good advice is priceless."
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.