Here are some links about Christmas/Buon Natale/Epiphany (La Befana) in Italy, 2008/2009:
- Buon Natale! Christmas In Italy – Source: Sicilian Culture
- Christmas In Italy – Source: In Italy Online!
- Christmas in Rome – Source: “As the Romans Do: An American Family's Italian Odyssey”, Alan Epstein
- Christmas in Rome – by Philip Marsden – Source: Travel Intelligence Ltd
- The Christmas Season in Venice – Ruth L. Edenbaum – Source: slow travel Italy
- Rome for Christmas-New Year's week – Source: slow travel talk Italy
- Epiphany in Italy – January 6th – by Giulia – Source: Holidays & Festivals Around the World by Ms. Hos-McGrane's Grade 5 Students
- Epiphany-Befana – European Kids Project – Source: NavigaCircolo Home
- La Befana – Source: Wikipedia – "the free encyclopedia"
- La Befana: The Story of the Befana – By Floria Parmiani – Source: Floria Publications
- La Befana and Epiphany in Italy – Source: From Martha Bakerjian in the Italy Travel section of About.com
- See, Info on 2008 Christmas Markets (Mercato di Natale) in Italy , dated Tuesday, November 18, 2008
- CHRISTMAS SHOPPING
- The biggest Christmas tree in Italy – In English, French, German, Italian, Spanish – Source: Bella Umbria
- Christmas in Italy - Italian Christmas Celebrations – Source: Italy Travel section of About.com
- Christmas and New Year's Day 2009 in Umbria Italy – Source: Bella Umbria – In English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- December Events in Milan – Source: Ms. Adventures in Italy – "My Stomach and the World. Food, Recipes, Travel."
- December Festivals and Holiday Events in Italy – "Italian Festivals, Holidays, and Special Events in December" – By Martha Bakerjian – Source: Italy Travel section of About.com
- "Largest Christmas Tree of the World……" – Source: Albero di Natale citta di Gubbio – In multiple languages
- "Le Genti della Laga" – Location: Torricella Sicura (Te) – Announcement in English, Italian
- Buon Natale! Christmas Eve Italian Style – by Kate Heyhoe – Source: The Global Gourmet®
- Buon Natale... Merry Christmas – Source: S.PELLEGRINO
- Italian Christmas: SevenFishes (Feast of the Seven Fishes) – Source: Seven Fishes blog.com
- Italian Christmas Cakes, Cookies, and Treats – Source: From Kyle Phillips in the Italian Food section of About.com
- Traditional Italian Recipes for the Holidays – Buon Natale! Christmas in Italy – Italian Language – Source: About.com
- Buon Natale! Christmas in Italy – Source: Italian Language section of About.com
- Part 1: Origins in Pagan Celebrations
- Part 2: Vocabulary and Holiday Music Traditions – Sound clip
- Part 3: Children's Activities for the Holidays
- Part 4: Traditional Italian Recipes for the Holidays
- Part 5: Visit Italy to Celebrate the Holidays
- Part 6: Italian Christmas Traditions
- An Italian Christmas – Languages – Source: BBC Languages
- "ORO, INCENSO E MIRRA" – Course of Italian language and Christmas tradition – Source: ITALIAN LANGUAGE SCHOOL "Scuola Leonardo da Vinci" – "Learn Italian in Italy in Florence - Milan - Rome – Siena"
- CHRISTMAS CRIBS IN ABRUZZO AND ITALY – Source: andrea morelli
- Buon Natale! Christmas in Italy – "Part 6: Italian Christmas Traditions" – Source: Italian Language section of About.com
- Christmas in Italy – Source: Netsurfing per Natale
- Christmas Traditions – Source: Italiansrus.com – "Your guide to Italy & Italian Culture on the Web."
- Christmas Traditions – Source: Sicilian Culture
- Christmas Tradition in Italy: Christmas customs split Italy in two – By Floria Parmiani – Source: Floria Publications
- Holiday Traditions of Italy "Buon Natale" – Source: HOLIDAY TRADITION – "Welcome to a world of holiday traditions!" section of California Mall®
- Christmas in Italy: Santa Sleeps Here – By MARTIN SEEMUNGAL – ROME, Dec. 18, 2006 – Source: abc NEWS International
- Italian Christmas Carols – Source: ITALY Magazine Forums
- Italian Culture: Christmas in Italy – Waiting For Christmas – Source: lifeinitaly.com
- Spend the Christmas Holiday in Italy – Traditions, Events, Markets and More – By Amy Gulick– Source: Associated Content
- World’s biggest blown-glass christmas tree – December 10th, 2006 – Source: ITALY Magazine
- Buon Natale - Christmas Links – Sound clip – Source: Welcome to Capucina's Italian-American Web Pages
- SEE ALSO:
- Info on Christmas cribs, creches, nativity scenes and presepi in Italy *, dated Friday, December 12, 2008
- Info on or about Christmas Lights in Italy *, dated Tuesday, December 09, 2008
- Info about 2009 New Year’s/ Capodanno/La Festa di San Silvestro in Italy *, dated Tuesday, December 02, 2008
- Info on 2008 Christmas Markets (Mercato di Natale) in Italy *, dated Tuesday, November 18, 2008
The above links are current. If anyone has any suggestions for other sites, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry. For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
One or more of the above links contains "Sound clips". When you see the words "Sound clip", please turn on the speakers connected to your PC.
Please note: If you want me to reply by email to your comment or request for further information, please include your email address in a separate comment. I will NOT publish any comments with an email address in it.
That's it for Friday, 28 November 2008: venerdì, 28 novembre 2008.
Moving2Italy2 – The #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is a Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Tempo al tempo."
"All in good time."
Please read my wife blog about our life in Italy:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:
Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.