Here are some links to some of the best gelaterie in Italy AKA in English as ice cream parlours, ice cream shops, ice cream stores (where to buy gelato):
- 24 Things to Know About Gelato – December 5th, 2011 – by Jessica (Spiegel) – Source: Italy section of WhyGo, Part of the BootsnAll Travel Network – "ONE-STOP INDIE TRAVEL GUIDE EST. 1998"
- Gelateria - What is an Italian Gelateria? – By Martha Bakerjian – Source: Italy Travel section of About.com
- Gelato - Italian Ice Cream – "What to Know about Ordering Gelato in Italy"
- Winner of the Best Gelato in Italy
- How to Find Good Gelato in Italy – "How To: No trip to Italy is complete without savoring a little gelato, but all gelato is not created equal. Valerie Ng reveals how to find the best and avoid the mediocre. (Hint: don't let bright colors fool you.)" – Source: WORLDHUM – "The Best Travel Stories on the Internet"
- Italian Ice Cream Articles – by various contributors – Source: Found in the Italy section of Countries on globerove – "is a world travel, tourism & culture blog"
- EMILIA ROMAGNA
- Il Gelatauro – Location: Via San Vitale, 98/b, 40125 Bologna, Region: Emilia-Romagna – Source: web site – In English, Italian
- Giolitti® – Location: Via degli Uffici del Vicario, 40, 00186 Roma/Rome – Source: web site – In English, Italian
- Il Gelateria San Crispino – Location: Via della Panetteria, 42, 00187 Roma/Rome – Source: web site – In English, French, Italian, Spanish
- The Best Gelati in Rome (Gourmet Chick in Italy) – "How do they do it? There is something about the gelati in Italy that is just far superior to anything you can get anywhere else in the world. Admittedly licking on a cone of gelati while wandering the cobbled streets of Rome does add to the experience." – by journalist and blogger: Cara Waters – Source: Gourmet Chick – "a girl who food & travel"
- Best Gelato Shops in Rome, Italy – July 20, 2011 | Author: SoCalGal – Source: The Vacation Gals – "Expert advice on family travel, girlfriend getaways and romantic escapes"
- The Best in Rome – Rome's GELATO – "" – Source: Found in the Food & Drink section of In Rome Now – "beyond the guidebooks"
- God's Own Ice Cream – "A gelato crawl to some of the best ice cream parlors in Rome, Italy" – by Reid Bramblett – Source: reidsitaly.com – "travel beyond vacations™"
- VEGAN/VEGETARIAN FRIENDLY
- cioccolat i taliani – Source: web site – In Italian Only
- Via de Amicis 25, Milano
- Via San Raffaele 6, Milano
- RivaReno – Source: web site – In English, Italian – Locations:
- Via Mercato, 20, 20122 Milano
- Viale Col di Lana, 8, 20136, Milano
- Via Paolo Sarpi, 58, 20154, Milano
- cioccolat i taliani – Source: web site – In Italian Only
- Via Griffi 6, Varese
- GROM – "IL GELATO COME UNA VOLTA" – Locations: Torino [local] and elsewhere in "ITALY" and the "WORLD" – Source: web site – In English, French, Italian, Japanese
- Seven Sensational Gelaterie in Turin - Over 100 Scoops Later – Location: various –
blogger: Kathy Ayer – Source: Food Lover's Odyssey – "Tasty Tales and Tips for Eating Your Way Through Italy and France"
- Carabé Gelaterie – Locations: Via Ricasoli, 60 and Piazza S. Jacopino, 9, Firenze/Florence – Source: web site
- Perche No! – "Since 1939" – Location: Via dei Tavolini, 19, 50122 Firenze /Florence – Source: A/O this date, new web site under construction
- Vivoli Il Gelato – In Italian Only – Location: Via dell’Isola delle Stinche, 7, Firenze/Florence – Source: web site – Note: A/O this date: only Italian version working
- Gelateria di Piazza – Location: Piazza della Cisterna, 4, 53037 San Gimignano (Siena) – Source: web site – In English, German, Italian
- Florence, Italy: The 3 Best Gelateria Shops! – "Gelato. Mmm..." – By REALfoodie AKA Christine – Source: HubPages – "PUBLISH easily, ATTRACT readers, EARN rewards"
- Gelato: YUM!! – "Florence has a lot of good gelaterie and you surely can't go wrong if you have feel like eating a good cone of gelato, as ice cream in called in Italian. But as you try more and more gelato and became a sort of expert in the field of "gelato tasting", you" – by Lourdes – DiscoverTuscany Team – Source: visitFLORENCE – "Florence, Italy: cradle of the Renaissance"
- Gelateria Nico – In Italian Only – Location: Dorsoduro 922, 30121 Venezia/Venice – Source: web site
- Ice Cream Parlours in Venice – "" – Source: *QYPE Venice – "FIND IT, SHARE IT." – web sites in English (.co.uk) and Italian (.it) – ". . . Europe's largest user-generated local reviews site . . ."
- Where to Eat Gelato in Venice – April. 2009 – blogger: Kerrin Rousset – Source: MyKugelhopf – "when your passions are food and travel"
- The Best Gelato in Italy – Source: Italian Trips – "... tips & tricks to Italy travel."
- Diamo ordine al caos delle gelaterie artigianali: le 25 migliori d’Italia – In Italian Only – ". . . the top 25 in Italy" – Source: dissapore – "niente di sacro, tranne il cibo (nothing sacred except the food)"
- GELATERIA.IT – "Tutte le Gelaterie d'Italia" – In Italian Only – "Seleziona la regione" – Source: web site – "Il sito del gelato e delle gelaterie"
- Gelaterium restaurants in Italy – Source lonely planet – "travel guides" – international web sites available in several languages
- Gelato in Italy – AUGUST 08, 2010 | TRAVEL EATS – By Gwen Ashley Walters – Source: Pen & Fork™ – ". . . is a food blog about cooking and eating — at home and in restaurants — and everywhere in between."
- Top 5 Gelato Locations in Italy – on Jun 27, 12 – by Yun – Source: Select Italy – "Italy Travel and Vacation Packages - Buy tickets Online for Museums, Trains, The Vatican, Uffizi and More." – "About Select Italy"
- Tour Del Gelato – "discovering the world’s best gelato, one lick at a time!" – blogger and more: Sara Rosso – Source: Ms. Adventures in Italy – "MY STOMACH, THE WORLD"
- Where to Find the Best Gelato in Italy – blogger: walksofitaly – Founder: Jason Spiehler – Source: Found in the THE WALKS OF ITALY BLOG section of WALKS OF ITALY ""
- SEE ALSO:
- Info about, for or on gelato (ice cream) in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, October 13, 2010
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or request any further information by email, please include your email address in a separate comment. I will NOT publish any comments with an email address in it.
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 450+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
There are 1,000's of places to buy gelato in Italy. I have just listed a few gelaterie and some are better than others. Which one do you consider the best in Italy?
That's it for Wednesday, 20 June 2012: mercoledì, 20 giugno 2012
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb / saying, author unknown - found on the web site of dissapore:
"niente di sacro, tranne il cibo"
"nothing sacred except the food"
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs: Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.
© Benjamin H. Licodo, 2005 - 2014, All Rights Reserved.